9.01.2011

Little Cat

So for those of you who don't know, I am the owner of the world's weirdest cat. Seriously. She's super cute, but she is the definition of a psycho. Some of her hobbies include licking anyone who sits too close; running frantically around the house; attacking the bunny, people's hands, plastic grocery bags, her tail, and anything that's not nailed down; sucking on fluffy blankets; and pulling herself around on the carpet by laying on her back and dragging her body up by her front paws. She's pretty sure she owns the house. No amount of sprays in the face will stop her from doing something she wants to do, and she eats more than Hans does, which is saying something. But still, she's my little love cat. I love that she's here to keep me company when Hans isn't (because let's be honest, although my bunny is cute and fluffy and soft, she DOES NOT like to cuddle...but she does seem happier and more well adjusted now...if only by a slight degree).
Anyways, I feel like I've kind of gotten a glimpse of what it's like to see your child grow up. I know, I know, all you mothers out there are scoffing at me..."It's a kitten, not a child. What does she know?" I KNOW she's not a child. Don't worry. But just seeing how big she's gotten in four months is crazy...I miss my tiny little kitten that followed me around everywhere. Now I have an almost-grown cat that whines when I leave but then doesn't like to cuddle with me unless it's on her schedule.


Here she is at about 5 or 6 weeks, when she fit in my hand:




And here she is now. She's longer than my forearm:




So now I'll end with a cute story that Hans is going to kill me for. So Hans was pretty anti-cat...it took a lot of convincing to get him to let me get her. Once we had her, he had to admit that she was cute...but still maintained that he would hate her once she wasn't a tiny babe. However, as time went on, Hans continued to prove that he couldn't resist her adorableness. One night, we were watching a movie, and the three of us were cuddling on the couch, with Scout on my chest, and Hans leans over and totally kisses Scout on the head. SO CUTE! I loved it. It was adorable. Anyways, that's all for now!


Hans  <3  Scout

3 comments:

  1. She looks tiny on Hans!! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya on the pet-as-child thing - I'm right there with you. And I think I'll stick with that for a while, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete