9.25.2011

Come back, summer!

K seriously, where the heck did summer go? One day, I was enjoy the warm sun and pretty smells of my favorite season, and suddenly, it all disappeared in the fastest September I've ever experienced. Now it actually gets chilly at night, and it'll be OCTOBER this week. That's not okay, because sometimes it snows here in October. And it can't snow, because it's still supposed to be summer!

Right?

Okay but for reals, can somebody please tell me why summer came and went so quickly? Because I swear we like just barely got done with winter, and I am so not ready for another one.

I guess I'll just have to move toooo....Hawaii? Yeah, Hawaii sounds good. In the meantime, though, summer, I would appreciate it if you would come back and stay for another 5 or 6 months.

Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. It's probably because summer was so freakin' long last year! I don't know about you guys, but I was still wearing shorts and t-shirts here in Denver in the middle of October! Good riddance to summer I say! I love when it's chilly at night! I'm excited for when I can put an extra quilt on our bed! And wear tights! Fall clothes are much cuter than summer ones. And hot chocolate! And baked cinnamon apples! Ahhhh!
    The other day I came out of work, expecting the blazing gross heat that I've gotten used to over the last few months, and when I was met instead by a pleasant 70-degree breeze, I was giddy for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well here in virtuous Virginia it was getting cooler and now today it is hot and humid. The air is barely moving. The glorious fall color had not yet appeared though I expect we will have great color because of the recent release of rain that has fallen from the sky. Personally I too, prefer the milder seventy degree weather of the fall accompanied by those wonderful cool nights. I love snuggling down under the covers and not having to worry too much about those pesky hot-flashes that one gets at my age!

    ReplyDelete