9.15.2011

Bunny Breakthrough!

So, for those of you who know about my bunny, Luna, you'll know that she had previously earned herself a reputation for being evil, along with the nickname "Bunnicula." Well, in a bizarre turn of events, Miss Luna has now become the good pet! I'd noticed her becoming more docile since I got Scout, probably because I didn't try and take her out of her cage and play with her as much, seeing as kittens demand much more attention than bunnies. Luna also has gotten into the habit of coming up to the side of her cage to greet me when I walk past, and she lets me give her a little scratch on the head, something I trained her to do by giving her treats. She also will occasionally let me reach my hand into her cage (aka her safe zone, where you usually would NOT want to mess with her) and pet her. However, up until tonight, whenever she was out of her cage, she would frantically run away every time I walked up to pet her or pick her up. BUT! Tonight, as she was scampering around, having a cat-free blast (Scout was safely locked away in the bathroom so she wouldn't harass Luna), I cautiously approched her and reached out my hand. She sniffed at it for a second and then just sat there, so I reached out and gave her a little head scratch, and....TA DA!! She stayed put! She waited until I was done, and then scooted away to continue her exploring. I know that to most of you, this probably doesn't seem like a big deal, but I honestly can't tell you how disappointed I was when my adorable, soft, precious little new bunny wanted nothing to do with me and would frequently let me know that by grunting and trying to bite me. So for me, the fact that we're friends now is very exciting :)

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am totally excited for you! I understand having a pet that is scared of you - little Bailey has been avoiding me lately because she knows that I'm the one that gives her baths, which she hates. So today when Mike was putting up pictures and she was freaking out because she had no idea what the hammer was for, and she came to me and cuddled up next to me to protect her, I was so happy! So I congratulate you on your bunny's newfound desire to be around you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear she's warming up to you. I know you wanted a huggy bunny! I'm glad you are giving her some Scout-free time to play unmolested by the "kitty" who is now way larger than she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey just in case KidzArt confuses you I finally figure out how to comment on you blog and I guess for some reason KidzArt is a blog I started? Anyway it's me, your mom. :o)

    ReplyDelete